We provide access to an officer with knowledge of attendance legislation and of Barnet schools, a choice of level of provision and bespoke service reflecting school needs. The court process and fixed-penalty notice system are provided free of charge.
The following chargeable services are also available
Improving school attendance
An education welfare officer can work in your school on the basis of half- day sessions purchased in advance and scheduled to meet school needs, providing regular and consistent advice and guidance.
The officer can offer:
- casework with families, including court assessment process
- consultation and analysis with school attendance lead
- safeguarding home visits re children missing from school
- home visits challenging absenteeism
- progressing cases to court appearance
- information, advice and guidance on registration and off-roll procedures
- support and advice on leave of absence and attendance policy
- staff training on registration.
Information and advice
Schools not taking a level of EWO consultation can access professional advice by phone or e-mail with a response either same - day or within 24 hours.
Court assessment meetings
free to those purchasing the main traded service, 'Improving school attendance'. Chargeable for those not purchasing EWO visits.